• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
Welcome to GrinderScape Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Soccerlove

Replacing a Sectional Moderator

20 posts in this topic

Since Niels ( Temp) resigned I think it will also be good to replace him on Forums as a Sectional Moderator

I decided to give Acolyte his position on forums to take over his duties

I don't know if Niels will return but for now this is the best thing to do and to have 3 active Sectionals on Forums

If Niels decides to return , then we will see on what to do if that is needed

Good Luck Joe

You to will be on a 2 week trial to see if things work out as they are supposed to

Congratulations

Grinderscape Staff

2 people like this

Jumping Ranks? ahah, congratulations Joe. 

Not fair on the current forums staff working hard on the forums to get promoted and out of nowhere someone skips a rank.

Edited by Sma11zplz
1 person likes this

Lol no offense but this is stupid. I know why, but it's a bad reason. In-game staff have no place on the forums unless earned and vice-versa.

11 people like this

I'm agreeing with everyone above. This is ingame staff nr2 who got a forum rank now this week... should consider people who work hard on the forums everyday, not once in a while... 

joe is great ingame tho. No hate towards him. 

Edited by Valar
1 person likes this

Imo an ingame admin should have forums control, but promote someone else who is on forums regularly

Not agreeing with anyone above here, I'm biased since I did the same thing pretty much back when sectional was re-introduced. (I went straight to sectional) However, I was at that time the best option. Staff that have been around for longer can pretty much keep doing what theyre doing but on two platforms. It's not hard at all if you're already used to moderating.

Do we need another sectional? meh, IMO hardly anything happens on these forums except for account recoveries - IGA's. that hasn't changed ever since I resigned from forums because there were way too many staff (years ago)

2 people like this

1 hour ago, 0xSenketsuu said:

I didn't know Joe had forum account

Yeah... ikr 

I dont see any harm done. Joe is an Ingame Administrator after all, and really all this is accomplishing is replacing Niels' responsibilities on the forums and giving them to Joe. Those who deserve to be Sectionals will earn the title of Sectional. Otherwise, Im pretty certain the only remaining SB mod that hasnt been promoted is Chris, so I mean, what does it matter in the end?

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Entry Fee said:

I dont see any harm done. Joe is an Ingame Administrator after all, and really all this is accomplishing is replacing Niels' responsibilities on the forums and giving them to Joe. Those who deserve to be Sectionals will earn the title of Sectional. Otherwise, Im pretty certain the only remaining SB mod that hasnt been promoted is Chris, so I mean, what does it matter in the end?

If I was to be completely honest, Niels didn't really do much when he was sectional. And that's part of the reason why I'm skeptical. Although Joe may be different, he could simply end up being too preoccupied with his ingame duties and so may end up neglecting his forums duties and thus holding the rank up.

The skipping of SB mod is also something I don't agree with, as although we could argue that there's no viable candidates, doesn't make it any less of a slap in the face to many before him who had to work their way up starting from SB mod.

Ultimately, I can see why he has been promoted, as I have seen how things work. I may not necessarily agree with the promotion for the reasons I stated above, but it doesn't mean I don't think Joe isn't able to do the job. I just feel like, from what I've seen, ingame staff as forum staff do not normally do a good job. However, trends can always be broken, so I hope you prove myself and others wrong Joe. Congratulations.

P.S. if we really do need forum promotions (which we don't, considering how dead the forums are, and when I was staff I essentially had nothing to do by the end of it and it's only got even more dead), then why isn't @0xCAFEBABE getting a promotion?

1 person likes this