Sign in to follow this  
Entry Fee

Implementing use of Player Report section

Hello Everyone,

Our player base is slowly growing, and with new-comers we begin to have more people unaware of rules, or just straight up Rule Breakers who care for nothing but personal gain and influence. It's come to the attention of the entire staff team that we have been lenient on how player reports are submitted. However, a lot of these reports have come to nothing but pure accusation, and no proof behind it. We are still a small server (for right now), and sometimes we, the staff team are able to catch rule breakers ourselves, and that's easy enough to take care of.

On the other hand I myself have experienced this "Just ban him/her" mentality from people who want to report people for breaking rules, but this is down to it's core, is unfair and unjust. The section for reporting players on the forums is there for the entire community to use at its disposal to record and report players who think they are above the law.  See here; https://forum.grinderscape.org/index.php?/forum/10-submit-player-report/

We want this section to be used more by the community when it comes to serving justice and creating a more peaceful environment in-game. 

And with the use of this section, some more defined proof of a rule being broken whether it's a screenshot of something said towards, or about another player in the chat box, or video evidence of someone in the act of bug abuse, or mischief. 

Some people may be unaware of how they can screenshot, and record video. Here, I can give you all some fair and easy to use options that will help you.

Screen Shotting Evidence

1.) The first one is the Prt Scrn button on your keyboard. Pressing this button will passively take a photo of whats currently on your screen. From here you may open a default Paint app on your computer and press CNTRL+V. This will paste the screenshot into the Paint app. You can use the crop tool to edit out the unnecessary portion of the screenshot, and save it to a folder of your choice. 

2.) The use of safe 3rd party screenshot tools. Gyazo and Lightshot are 2 of the more popular screenshotting tools, that are quicker, and easier than option #1. By downloading one of these programs and opening the app it will allow you to automatically crop a portion of your screen you want to screenshot and it will create a link to view the area you've outlined. Simply copying and pasting this link into your report makes for a quick player report and convenient for us.

Video Evidence

It is understandable that some players have their own ways of recording video through Camtasia, and OBS etc, but some players may not frequent these programs as much. There are other free to use recording programs that everyone can have access to if they wish.

#1. Hypercam - Hypercam is a free to download/use program that you can outline a portion of your screen you want recorded (i.e; your client window) By clicking the record button and stopping your recording it will be saved to the folder tied to Hypercam. You will need to upload the video to YouTube from that folder for the staff team to view properly. 

#2. Bandicam - Bandicam has the same process as Hypercam, and its functionality is almost identical. Some people may have preference over one or the other, but they will both get the job done. 

#3. Gyazo, as mentioned above for screen shotting also has an implemented feature to record a 15 second clip of your designated outlined area (Roughly the length of a gif) that can be made of use if you wish not to download a secondary program. Again, after the screen recording has finished it will automatically create a link for you to paste to your report. By clicking on this link, we will be able to view what you recorded. 

We ran by this motto since as far as I can remember in my almost 8 years as a part of Grinderscape, and I do not see it changing any time soon. We will be making big changes from here on out.

"If there's no proof, there will not be any immediate punishment"

Regards,

The Grinderscape In Game Staff Team.

Edited by Entry Fee
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic explanation on creating this thread Entry fee, very professional. 

I've personally experienced a couple of these types of situations and it's hard. The In-Game Staff Members CANNOT do any actions towards another member without having proof to why they're doing the action they did such as Mute/Jail or Ban. So please don't hate staff members because "apparently" they're not doing their job right because they didn't listen to you when you had no proof... (something I've experienced in my life of being a In-Game Staff Member.) [Happens in a lot of servers]

Well said Entry, I hope to see the community make use of this section. Would really help the staff team a lot. Much more professional this way :) 

The way it should be. Good man.

great clarification! fantastic post! see you tomorrow in geography class :)

This is perfect! Thank you :)

Some of the cases ive seen also boils down to common sense though lmao

Edited by red melon

Couldn't have worded this better myself. It really helps when all staff can see one player report (rather than 1 particular staff member getting evidence) as it will allow the staff team to work as a team on the report, rather than individually.