Notice:

This forum is deprecated.

We’ve decided to deprecate the community forum starting August 29, 2022. We will keep all existing accounts, threads and comments, but no new registrations will be accepted after that date. Our initial intention was for this forum to be a place where the community could communicate and interact about all things from Grinderscape. However, over the years, most of the posts have amounted to Discord such as general chat, bug reports or feature requests, much resembling a more professional and advanced way of communicating. This has led to the following decision that our main focus will be on Discord for all of the server updates, bugs, support line, and more which will make it more active and worth looking at. This means less hassle to check forums and Discord as now you know everything will be on Discord.

Blood money changes

spasma

Blood money possible changes  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you like to see

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four

This poll is closed to new votes

As i was talking to lou in regards to Blood money and the huge drop it has i would like to suggest a few ways in order we could combat the amount of blood money entering the game and possibly making the price of blood money rise again.

1 : Removing blood money from slayer and re - doing the slayer points store to making slayer points be useful in something else.

2 : Adding a use of blood money related to xp, such as having a lamp / tome for some skills as this would remove blood money from the game fast and rise the prices and demands.

3 : Having a combination of 1 and 2, this would mean make blood money harder to get and possibly more use, this would mean blood money will be way more valuabe than it is now.

4 : Leaving blood money as it is.

-When voting please leave a reason if possible to why this would be a good idea / Bad idea
-If there is anything you want to add or suggest about blood money please let me know.

Please take your time when voting and vote for your favorite option.

Thanks for your time!

Removing blood money from slayer is not a good idea in my opinion. I think receiving blood money is one of the reasons slayer is popular. But yeah, it's easy to get now, so we have to change something to make blood money harder to get and more valuable. 

I think it'd be more in demand if you had to either repair all items on death or make those broken items require a lot more bloodmoney to repair

3 minutes ago, Btartaros said:

Removing blood money from slayer is not a good idea in my opinion. I think receiving blood money is one of the reasons slayer is popular. But yeah, it's easy to get now, so we have to change something to make blood money harder to get and more valuable. 

Like i said removing bloodmoney from slayer but also compensating that with having the slayer points more useful. This would combat one and benefit the other.

I would vote for number 2 if the tome/lamp are untradeable. But as of now, I am voting for number 4.

Changing the usage of blood money will eventually create an uneven playing field between new players and existing players. 

3 minutes ago, alcotty said:

I would vote for number 2 if the tome/lamp are untradeable. But as of now, I am voting for number 4.

Changing the usage of blood money will eventually create an uneven playing field between new players and existing players. 

The lamp / tome would obviously be untradeable as it would only be a (1) , would be like the likes of the tomes from voting point store.

9 minutes ago, spasma said:

Like i said removing bloodmoney from slayer but also compensating that with having the slayer points more useful. This would combat one and benefit the other.

I see what you said.. but I think that's not a good idea.

7 minutes ago, Zod said:

Removing Blood-Money from Slayer is not a good idea, it's the main source tier, understandable making some type of store, not just for Slayer but for PVM in general, draining is simple, (PVM store for a lot more items that can only be brought from that store) 'Tradeables/Untradeables, not only items but boosts like % rates to your stats in Combat-stats, (1 hour boost for 50k Blood-Money or > 100k allowing this to also stack on top of potions) I believe we had this in the old Grinderscape where you could pray to some altar for boosted gains if you was 'Donator. 

Price of Blood-Money has always gone up or down due to the economy becoming bigger/playercount. I believe the changes coming to Grinderscape will also change the state of Blood-Money valve, won't go into that at this point of time. 

This is obviously a massive change if you were to make something up like this as Coins/Blood-Money is the most traded in our economy, changing this will have to be for the good and it'll be hard to see where the correct path for this is... The more suggestions and conversation-starters on this topic is a MUST I don't stress that enough, we'll see where this goes, I like your ideas and this poll, I think you're making a good move here, thank you for the on-going support Spasma, cheers.

This is a nice idea and is very beneficial, we can consider that as a possibility as would impact blood money in a good way. Slayer / Pvm stores if they got added / worked on would be a very good idea and the altar would be nice also!
For the price of blood money it has gone down rapidly just to the due fact that it is obtainable easily and new players start of by slayer mostly therefore they get enough bm for themselves easily. We can let this sit for a bit and see what people think then we discuss from then on.
Ill keep your ideas in mind when we have a chat later in the week.

I think I will do the following;

1) Reduce the average Blood Money count from doing slayer tasks by around 30%

2) Make slayer points have a useful benefits in the Slayer shop such as buying tomes, lamps, intermediate items that can help you with slayer, ammunitions..etc

3) Redo Blood money store so that there are more PVP items as the main concept of Blood Money is to have PVP items, I will try to add items that are not available in game yet.

3 minutes ago, Lou Grinder said:

I think I will do the following;

1) Reduce the average Blood Money count from doing slayer tasks by around 30%

2) Make slayer points have a useful benefits in the Slayer shop such as buying tomes, lamps, intermediate items that can help you with slayer, ammunitions..etc

3) Redo Blood money store so that there are more PVP items as the main concept of Blood Money is to have PVP items, I will try to add items that are not available in game yet.

Sounds as a great idea! I am sure this will help to make blood money more valuable.

I think that making a better use for bloodmoney will improve the player experience. Implementing tomes or other Xp lamps or boosts will increase the fun in maxing an account. In special for the skills that are not so fun or hard to do (Hunter and Runecrafting). Maybe bones are good items to sell in the Bm store aswell, The price of bones are very Stable and this can give a stable price to Bloodmoney.    

1 minute ago, Btartaros said:

Sounds as a great idea! I am sure this will help to make blood money more valuable.

If blood money gets more use such as xp lamps etc. Im sure the blood money will rise slowly. It won't be a huge jump but would make it better for sure.

I agree with making it worth more but also idk if i like the idea of making it harder to get, you can just increase the price of items in the store, making tat problem go away and more BM would be flushed out of the ECO. Good ideas tho.

also if blood money not removed and lou added some tome /rare skilling items hard to get same sandworms something of this it will help to remove alot bloodmoney from game

also if some bones in bm shop this good alot players need bones all time but if you lou do this make it high prices for blood money

Edited by Shark Black

3 hours ago, alcotty said:

I totally agree, most the players voting for this have much blood money, people rich in BM fueling the votes, buying up more BM currently in market because of being aware of the vote options in this poll. I feel it could definitely make the playing field uneven or even make some stop playing all together. Sometimes the best move is no move at all.

I voted for 4 as i think its the most logical move. Work on other issues, make this the last.

4 minutes ago, Mixdrink said:

I totally agree, most the players voting for this have much blood money, people rich in BM fueling the votes, buying up more BM currently in market because of being aware of the vote options in this poll. I feel it could definitely make the playing field uneven or even make some stop playing all together. Sometimes the best move is no move at all.

I voted for 4 as i think its the most logical move. Work on other issues, make this the last.

Many things are getting worked on already therefore i was thinking fix a most used currency in game apart from gp. Fixing bm would be a logical move as if we leave it going on too long, the price will eventually make it useless in the eco. 

my suggest would be to bring back rapier / t bow on bm store maybye, so players would spend alot of bm for one item , but on other side it could cause them crashing. i dont think this poll is correct , maybye i would choose 2nd option...

47 minutes ago, aurimeelis said:

my suggest would be to bring back rapier / t bow on bm store maybye, so players would spend alot of bm for one item , but on other side it could cause them crashing. i dont think this poll is correct , maybye i would choose 2nd option...

If there was items to be added it wouldn't be items like rapiers etc as this would make the items crash. Instead have them one use items such as xp lamps etc which would be used in maxing more accounts.

I would definitely be down with having one use items in the blood money store as a money sink. But I'd also like to see some PvP gear be added to it as well, as Lou said. That way we could hopefully get a larger PvP community. 

I'm not sure where I stand in terms of the vote here, but I definitely would love to see some changes to see how it could help the server.

18 hours ago, Mikeh said:

I would definitely be down with having one use items in the blood money store as a money sink. But I'd also like to see some PvP gear be added to it as well, as Lou said. That way we could hopefully get a larger PvP community. 

I'm not sure where I stand in terms of the vote here, but I definitely would love to see some changes to see how it could help the server.

+ :)  that would make pvp more active here

18 hours ago, spasma said:

If there was items to be added it wouldn't be items like rapiers etc as this would make the items crash. Instead have them one use items such as xp lamps etc which would be used in maxing more accounts.

well, i dont think they would crash if u make right bm price on store

• Hellmage featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Hellmage unpinned this topic