Forum rank requests Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Nexxy

Filthyboi Wiki Editor Application

In-game Name(s): Filthycorpse; Gunz

Timezone: EST

Will you be active within the Wiki Team?:  Absolutely. I'm mostly doing stuff in the background while I'm in-game anyway, not to mention out-of-game.

Do you have prior experience editing a Wiki?: I've edited a bunch of articles on Wikipedia if that counts lol. I also used to run an old RSPS forum and I have a fair bit of experience handling data tables and such from coding, so... I think I can handle it.

Why do you deserve to be in the Wiki Team?: I'm an oldfag, been playing GS for years. I'd say I'm fairly trusted. I know a good bit about the game and RS in general, plus I want a way to give back to the community. Especially since it seems like Lou and Daxx are the only real wiki contributors -- AS FAR AS I'VE SEEN, CALM DOWN EVERYONE ELSE -- and they have enough work to do. Why not help out? There's clearly a ton of information missing from the wiki and I am more than happy to support that project. Also I like to write a lot and I like think I'm fairly well read and spoken, so that's a bonus. Oh and check out this sweet fucking formatting. I bet no one else even bothered with their application, huh? Yeah, exactly -- checkmate, Atheists.

What do you expect to get out of the Wiki Team?: I really want to help out the server, but I'm an ass and I have a potty mouth so anything in-game is basically out of the question. A sense of contribution to the community, would be a more professional way to put it, I suppose. I want to be more active on the forums as well but they're kinda dead atm so this would be a good place to divert my energy for the time being. You know, behind the scenes stuff. Also being on the uh, "Wiki Team," as it were, would definitely increase my knowledge of items, bosses, prices, etc., further facilitating my ability to help people in-game.

Yeah, there it is. Hit me with it.

Thanks.

Edited by Nexxy

Nice application, can always appreciate one that's both well-written and funny.

Also I'd like to add that @Anz contributes quite a bit to the wiki. :P

Wiki team is always behind the scenes so its not surprsing when people dont hear from them. But they all do their job very good :)  I hope your application will be well received and goodluck

goodluck

Pending, very nice application! I loved it although, I'd love to see a bit more from you, helping in-game in general, making guides, etc. Please re-apply when you fee like you're ready!

Edited by Daxx