Sign in to follow this  
Icarly65

Respected Member Rank Reset

Hey everyone, after talking it over with Isaac, we decided to remove the Respected member rank from everyone. Some people may be disappointed by this, but we think this is what's best for the long term. At the moment a lot of players who have been given the rank, did not earn it legitimately (with the poll) or are inactive.

Yes, we could just remove it off of players who are inactive.. But we figured that this is a new server, why should somebody who was given the Respected rank let's say a year or two, just automatically get the rank? It felt like it was a rank being given to players due to past accomplishments, or very minor accomplishments in the present.. We want players who are 100% worthy of the rank to be given it. What better way than to get nominated the old fashion way, and see if you are truly a Respected member.

For any questions on how to earn the rank check here >>  

To explain it quickly, only Forum staff may nominate players for the Respected rank, and if 75% of the votes are yes, then the player will get Respected.

Thank you all for understanding, and good luck with getting this rank

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

daxx ruining it for all the respected's RIP

• Haha 2

Honestly I dont mind. This is indeed a fair way to bring the meaning of the respected rank back! I'll support this!

great decision i’m all for this :)

Edited by vutr
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I wouldnt have it any other way. I had expected this was going to be something spoken about in the near present. I opted to give up my rank, but Tarquin gave it to me anyways. 

4 hours ago, Acolyte said:

why do u still have the rank @Icarly65

Myself/Isaac/Ron can only get our ranks removed from Lou

Good decision! Not that most of the people who had it didn't deserve it, it will be nice to see it re-earned as we did in the past. :)

I nominate brad, he's pretty neat. 👌

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I nominate brad, he's pretty neat. 👌

No. Brad is a disgraceful member of our community. The way he performs his duties in this server is fucking dreadful. 

I appreciate that you guys have decided to take action on this issue, because I remembered it was mentioned before that everyone will not have the Respected rank as it will be reset. It kinda seemed skeptical seeing a couple of members with the rank AFTER that was discussed. 

I also think the same should be done for the Contributor rank. As much as there are people who have the rank at the moment, it was only given to a few people for their major contributions to the server, and giving it out as frequently will once again devalue the rank. 
If there seems to be no changes in regards to that, then at least improvise the rank's description. 

Edited by Kyle

This had to be done tbh, the respected rank was becoming a Veteran rank. Hopefully we will see some nominations now  :)  

Agree with this decision, and also agree with Kyle that Contributor needs to be reset. Seeing far too many people with it.