mt851

Economy Adjustments

Note: These changes are meant to be a collaborative effort. Please request for changes or argue against changes in a polite way.

Before you take a look, the main/only changes I've made are to items that are in the premium point shop as well as their economy value as it stands.

The logic I've used to re-calculate everything is based on a donator's ability to buy any single item or set in the premium points store and get the same economical value out of that item as every other item.

You'll notice there are some insanely cheap items in the premium store using that new formula, and my recommendation around the items price below 2000 (except for third age), is to remove it from the premium store because it's possible to obtain said items from boss drops. the other option is to move them to the blood money store.

I have increased the GP value of some items, and decreased the value in other items to get the ratio of GP/Premium Points equal to 100k which you can see from the images.

Having cheaper options in the donation store (while still maintaining that economy ratio) will be more appealing to new comers and old players to donate to Grinderscape. The economy will still be pretty stable because it was a pretty balanced price decrease and price decrease from different items. Players would see more of a change on the premium point costs than anything.

Having some of these cheaper premium point items will also tell players that Grinderscape isn't just trying to steal people's money and that Grinderascape wants them to be able to obtain solid items at a reasonable price. Grinderscape's player base most likely has younger players, less able to get access to money to donate. And if they do manage to convince their parents (or spend their own money on donations) to donate to Grinderscape, they will get more bang for their buck, and Grinderscape will get more of a consistent stream of donations (in theory).

You'll see some players become slightly richer from this, and some become slightly poorer. This is OKAY because Grinderscape doesn't have osrs gp swap yet. Once the economy stabilizes from these changes (which will happen quickly), you can start to consider OSRS GP swaps, but we will leave the trade ratios and OSRS gp values to another discussion.

I highly recommend reading all the text above before reviewing the images.

Yellow highlight is the new updated price from before
Two yellow highlights in a row means the premium point price and the economy price have changes

Capture1.thumb.png.563da4d8b1e42703c343b1580f77b737.png

Capture2.thumb.png.8accb61b3f2cd59acf1b7a9b7c0002cf.png

Capture3.thumb.png.5ec3e49700b8ea3ad5390f55a1fb8167.png

Capture4.png.8d0249b322aa36238a82b5073bbd8778.png

Yellow highlight is the new updated price from before
Two yellow highlights in a row means the premium point price and the economy price have changes

Note: These changes are meant to be a collaborative effort. Please request for changes or argue against changes in a polite way.
  • Like 1