Sign in to follow this  
Lou Grinder

Classic Game Mode (Open Suggestions)

Hi everyone,

The good news is that all the three iron man game modes have been successfully done, and is now undergoing testing to make sure to eliminate every bug can find. However, we are only left with the Classic's rank perks. We need your help to suggest some cool features that we can add to this game mode to make it even more interesting.

Current perks: (the only challenge is that the experience is divided into three)

- 50% increased Blood money reward from PK kills.

- A unique custom rank that is displayed to everyone, with unique high score rankings.

- Up to 33% better chance of receiving a rare item. (It doesn't mean if a drop was 4% rate it will become 37%, but instead, it will add to the 4% chance a 33% extra chance which will make it be 5.32%. This is considered highly valuable.

Can you suggest more? examples below. (Just for demonstration purposes)

- 35% increased money from stalls.

- Double skilling points rewards.

- Triple participation points rewards.

- A unique skilling area.

- Slayer task will reward 10% more Blood money.

- Slayer task count will be 20% less.

- Take 5%-15% less damage overall.

- A unique cape when reaching all stats 99 (Classical Cape)

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

• Like 3

Things I like from the suggestions:

- Slayer task +10% reward, with 20% less

- The unique cape (love that suggestion :) )

- A unique skilling area 

The others might be a bit OP if they can trade with other players.

- Stalls are fine, but I think people would just make alts for cash and thieve on a classic account.

- Skilling points are fine maybe, since most of it is for the player itself.

- Participation award might be a bit OP too if they grind certain activities to get a lot of participation points; donator bond will be worth less.

Some things come to mind when I think about classic mode:

- No weekend combat bonuses, maybe even no thieve bonus if the +35% goes live

- Skill of the hour bonus is higher for classic players, to encourage grinding hours

- I'd say only cosmetics from premium points shop, as it would highly impact the highscores and make it a bit P2W to have BIS instantly. (Question: is this the case for ironman modes too?)

Overall very happy to hear that Ironman modes are going live soon, can't wait to play!

5 minutes ago, Ascend said:

Things I like from the suggestions:

- Slayer task +10% reward, with 20% less

- The unique cape (love that suggestion :) )

- A unique skilling area 

The others might be a bit OP if they can trade with other players.

- Stalls are fine, but I think people would just make alts for cash and thieve on a classic account.

- Skilling points are fine maybe, since most of it is for the player itself.

- Participation award might be a bit OP too if they grind certain activities to get a lot of participation points; donator bond will be worth less.

Some things come to mind when I think about classic mode:

- No weekend combat bonuses, maybe even no thieve bonus if the +35% goes live

- Skill of the hour bonus is higher for classic players, to encourage grinding hours

- I'd say only cosmetics from premium points shop, as it would highly impact the highscores and make it a bit P2W to have BIS instantly. (Question: is this the case for ironman modes too?)

Overall very happy to hear that Ironman modes are going live soon, can't wait to play!

Thanks for your suggestions, I was giving an example and asking for new ones too.

Regarding your suggestion about cosmetics only from premium points shop, I would love to work on that, but if we remove these items for Classic game modes, they can still buy it on another alt and trade it. We need a way to sort this as your 100% right.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lou Grinder said:

Thanks for your suggestions, I was giving an example and asking for new ones too.

Regarding your suggestion about cosmetics only from premium points shop, I would love to work on that, but if we remove these items for Classic game modes, they can still buy it on another alt and trade it. We need a way to sort this as your 100% right.

Okay great! I already like the 3 top ones though, gives a new dimension to the mode. The trading part is indeed a problem, even if they pk a friend with the stuff. Don't think you can fix that in any way now that I think of it (unless you can only trade with other Classic modes)

Edited by Ascend

Well, I have just taught about it...there is no problem with having them to buy these items as they are getting boosted drop rates anyways, and the challenge is with experience and not how to obtain items.

For the PK boosting the server has a system to prevent boosting, so should be all good.

5 minutes ago, Lou Grinder said:

Well, I have just taught about it...there is no problem with having them to buy these items as they are getting boosted drop rates anyways, and the challenge is with experience and not how to obtain items.

For the PK boosting the server has a system to prevent boosting, so should be all good.

True that, looking forward to the outcome 😁

tbh, i dont think the slayer tasks need altering, otherwise it will mess up the eco... too many people with tbows + rapiers.