Welcome to GrinderScape Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jordy

Fixes & Improvements ~ Jordy

Hey guys,

This week I've been working on some fixes and additions for the website, it's been a while since I lastly did an update.

Since we moved to new forum software I also had to update the homepage feeds, as you might have noticed they were outdated or not working, they now should all work properly again (except for the developer blog tab, since that thread is still being processed on the forums).

Many of you guys have also been complaining about the highscores not working, I'm sorry for that, I was working hard on reworking the highscores.

Previously our highscores were caching results which meant that you could sometimes get outdated data, now I actually managed to optimize our queries ALOT so that it can now easily load within a few ms so that you guys can actually see live highscores which also is alot faster then it was.

I've also added a small thing on the highscores so that when you search for a user and you then press on the skill (to see your position in the tree) it will give the row a red background so you can easily see where you are placed at.

Spoiler

13b15bebed6348e2b3397f76c6870f79.png

Some highscores data is a little broken and not totally correct so there may be really small incorrect rank numbers, I will try to fix these up over the next weeks.

I have also added email templates for most of our emails sent by the homepage, these look a lot more professional now then the plain text it showed before.

Spoiler

a6701d08b83a47e08937455f7b612b19.png

And with that I've also updated the homepage framework that is used and cleaned up alot of bad code.

There are also minor design changes made, if you encounter any problems, please let me know!

Sincerely,
Jordy

6 people like this

Huck fiscores, make sb great again

Seriously tho, good job Jordy I'm glad you work hard to make forums better

nice job :D

The fix and optimization of the highscores will definitely make a lot of players happy.

Thanks for this Jordy and for the other updates/improvement you've been doing that not many people know about/have noticed.

Appreciate the hard work! Thanks Jordy

you work really great jordy

Definitely puts a smile on my face to see this. Thanks for taking the time to update players of this update! Really appreciate it.

1 person likes this