Welcome to GrinderScape Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Divonux

Discord?

25 posts in this topic

‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌

Link to the Discord! https://discord.gg/jza9SBP 

‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌

Hello everyone! It has come to my attention that there are a few things about the Discord that have been issues over these last few weeks. I am here to address them as well as further inform you about the GrinderScape Discord.

So, some of the issues that have arrived are
-Lack of new players joining in and using the Discord.

In the beginning of the Discord there were a set of players that joined and most still use it today, but over time the variety of people has been limited to the set few.

So, tell me guys why it is that you don't want to join and communicate with others and what we can do/add to fix it?

-The regular players leaving and not joining back.

Within the Discord there are the "Regulars" and the newcomers. Recently after some misfits between players, many of the "Regulars" have stopped joining and participating in the Discord leaving it empty most of the time.

What can we do to resolve these issues and get everyone back in to create a better place to be and hang around?

-Players join the Discord and don't use all of its features.
Another problem faced by the Discord is that players refuse to use its full service. These players participating in the give-away are abusing the voice chat system by not talking, but instead reply using the text channel. This is to boost their experience and it takes away from the enjoyment of other Discord users.

Why is it that you never want to communicate through the means of the specific type of channel you're in and what could we do to change this?

-A lot of unnecessary hatred goes around in the channels.

People are joining the Discord only to create issues and drama with other players thus ruining the experience for everyone. Behavior like this isn't necessary by any means and there is not a need to start drama in most cases and all issues need to be solved and put aside so the we can all have a nice non-toxic environment.

Is there anything we can do to help resolve these issues?

-Players only joining the Main Channel voice chat.
There are many types of channels to join such as PVP, PVM, Mini-Games, Help/Support, 2 and 3 Person limited channels, and OMM Trades. Although there are different channels to join, Main Channel is the only one that has users in it. Yes, we know that the channels would fill up if there were more active players so please tell everyone to join!

PLEASE TELL EVERYONE ABOUT DISCORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are a few more issues that go unsaid, but these are the biggest problems.

Now that some things have been addressed I would like some feed back as to why these are issues. As well as what we can do about them! Leave a comment answering the questions and leave a suggestion as well! Thank you everyone!

Link to the Discord! https://discord.gg/jza9SBP 

Edited by Divonux
2 people like this

We wanted more players to use the forums and make the forums active. I dont see how this will help make the forums active. It takes players away from here.

3 people like this

4 minutes ago, Sma11zplz said:

We wanted more players to use the forums and make the forums active. I dont see how this will help make the forums active. It takes players away from here.

The thing is we have so few players in-game as it is. And those new players who join the server, are shunned on the forums by the wash ups that lurk on shout box all day. Discord is a clean friendly place where it is moderated 24/7. We also offer the ability to play in-game and chat in the voice channel a feature that keeps players active and engaged on both fronts.

TL:DR: game is dead = forums is dead. Washed up trolls killing the forums of new players. discord isn't massive and the people who use it are there for voice chat.

3 people like this

1. So, tell me guys why it is that you don't want to join and communicate with others and what we can do/add to fix it?

I communicate with others just not over discord, I like the forums better & this discord is taking away players from forums, which is bad.

Instead forums should be active, make players get used to forums and all the sections.

2. What can we do to resolve these issues and get everyone back in to create a better place to be and hang around?

- Discord is taking away players from forums (why not promote forums in-game instead of discord??).

- You & Saim bossing around, you both aren't leaders. You both don't follow any guidelines/rules, person 1 can troll around & basicly say everything & when person 2 does something he gets kicked/muted or banned, you make it personal.

3. Why is it that you never want to communicate through the means of the specific type of channel you're in and what could we do to change this?

- I always enjoyed chatting, I used the discord as a shoutbox, but shoutbox has rules & the staff there follow those rules, instead of doing the same you just ban or kick someone if you don’t like what they’re doing or you not in a good mood or something idk.

- Why would I joint he voice channel? 90% of the time the music is shit & everyone is talking through the music, I can’t enjoy that.

4. Is there anything we can do to help resolve these issues?

Yes, delete the discord. Resolves every single issue & forums (shoutbox) would probably get more & more active again.

5. Different voice channels.

Why would anyone use the other voice channels when there is only like 5 people max using the discord anyways?

Additional lame things:

- Loyal ones rank. (Saim adds this rank & give it to friends?)

- Cinderblock getting discord mod. (Active for a week, then gets discord mod. Saim you shouldn't be allowed to give out ranks tbh, just stay with sb mods+ get the rank).

-

~ Koen

Edited by Koen
1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Koen said:

1. So, tell me guys why it is that you don't want to join and communicate with others and what we can do/add to fix it?

I communicate with others just not over discord, I like the forums better & this discord is taking away players from forums, which is bad.

Instead forums should be active, make players get used to forums and all the sections.

2. What can we do to resolve these issues and get everyone back in to create a better place to be and hang around?

- Discord is taking away players from forums (why not promote forums in-game instead of discord??).

- You & Saim bossing around, you both aren't leaders. You both don't follow any guidelines/rules, person 1 can troll around & basicly say everything & when person 2 does something he gets kicked/muted or banned, you make it personal.

3. Why is it that you never want to communicate through the means of the specific type of channel you're in and what could we do to change this?

- I always enjoyed chatting, I used the discord as a shoutbox, but shoutbox has rules & the staff there follow those rules, instead of doing the same you just ban or kick someone if you don’t like what they’re doing or you not in a good mood or something idk.

- Why would I joint he voice channel? 90% of the time the music is shit & everyone is talking through the music, I can’t enjoy that.

4. Is there anything we can do to help resolve these issues?

Yes, delete the discord. Resolves every single issue & forums (shoutbox) would probably get more & more active again.

5. Different voice channels.

Why would anyone use the other voice channels when there is only like 5 people max using the discord anyways?

~ Koen

1)

No one is "stealing" anything players are free to use both shout box and forums like you do. Forums is horrible for new players as its an exclusive little club of people who shun anyone who they don't know.

2)

Repeated issue.

This may be an issue but its presented very immaturely if you think Saim or div, or even any of the chat moderators are overstepping their bounds talk to Tyler or Joe. but don't shit talk them without evidence have some decency.

3)

Again repeated issue if there is a problem with discord staff management then you need to take it up with Tyler or Joe. don't come out a week or two later throwing accusations like you are.

Voice channel you can mute the bot and talk to people, but you choose not to, you just sit there and listen in and use the text chat. you made no effort to join in at all.

4)

Very mature, maybe you need to grow up and accept that discord and forums both have positive side, discord for voice chat and a more active new community. and forums for people who don't spend as much time in-game or maybe feel excluded from the circle jerk that is currently going on.

5)

I agree we only need a few voice chats, one for music and one for non music chat. otherwise it gets a tiny bit hetic.

TD:LR: grow up and accept that we are not ruining your precious forums. you need in-game players for the forums to be active and you just don't have that. maybe if forums staff advertised the forums more openly over yell or where more inclusive to new players/faces you wouldn't have such a dead/dying community.

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, Cinderblock said:

1)

No one is "stealing" anything players are free to use both shout box and forums like you do. Forums is horrible for new players as its an exclusive little club of people who shun anyone who they don't know.

2)

Repeated issue.

This may be an issue but its presented very immaturely if you think Saim or div, or even any of the chat moderators are overstepping their bounds talk to Tyler or Joe. but don't shit talk them without evidence have some decency.

3)

Again repeated issue if there is a problem with discord staff management then you need to take it up with Tyler or Joe. don't come out a week or two later throwing accusations like you are.

Voice channel you can mute the bot and talk to people, but you choose not to, you just sit there and listen in and use the text chat. you made no effort to join in at all.

4)

Very mature, maybe you need to grow up and accept that discord and forums both have positive side, discord for voice chat and a more active new community. and forums for people who don't spend as much time in-game or maybe feel excluded from the circle jerk that is currently going on.

5)

I agree we only need a few voice chats, one for music and one for non music chat. otherwise it gets a tiny bit hetic.

TD:LR: grow up and accept that we are not ruining your precious forums. you need in-game players for the forums to be active and you just don't have that. maybe if forums staff advertised the forums more openly over yell or where more inclusive to new players/faces you wouldn't have such a dead/dying community.

"taking players away" then? You couldn't be more wrong there, in forums new players ask for help & they get a answer, on discord there's only useless small talk about useless subjects just to farm xp you know.

I'm not shit talking at all I'm just stating that the current leaders aren't "leaders", which is true.

I don't really mind, because I'm not really use discord anymore & don't care much about it, but then this thread came up so I'm stating my opinion.

That's not the problem, it's just that I don't feel the need to voice talk to anyone at all. I might have stated that wrong at first, my bad.

I really think discord is bad for this game & I know it's bad for the forums.

Just now, Koen said:

"taking players away" then? You couldn't be more wrong there, in forums new players ask for help & they get a answer, on discord there's only useless small talk about useless subjects just to farm xp you know.

I'm not shit talking at all I'm just stating that the current leaders aren't "leaders", which is true.

I don't really mind, because I'm not really use discord anymore & don't care much about it, but then this thread came up so I'm stating my opinion.

That's not the problem, it's just that I don't feel the need to voice talk to anyone at all. I might have stated that wrong at first, my bad.

I really think discord is bad for this game & I know it's bad for the forums.

1) not true, players use the forums and the discord for two different reason, and as i said together they work well, forums new players might be able to get help but how often is sb even monitored. discord is for players to relax use voice chat, maybe drop some light banter in the chat, its not just "small talk in the chat" and if thats how you see it you are mislead or are being misleading yourself.

2) you are shit talking tho. if you think that take it up with Tyler as i can see it saim is a bit over zelous but thats because discord is new and we are trying to create a community vibe where people can come to relax and have fun, much like a clan chat but we use voice.

3) you don't need to voice talk to people that's fine. i don't need to talk to anyone either i just enjoy talking with people and having a laugh with some of the funniest people ive ever met are on discord. just while relaxing and chatting with people who share a common interest.

4) discord is great for the game its a great environment for new and veteran players.

1 person likes this

lol the people who are crying on this thread are the ones who don't use the voice chat

If you really think Discord is making the forums inactive you are wrong

And Koen you always seem to be bitching yet you just keep coming there and spamming in the chat so you can win some items in game we've all seen you do it

The funniest thing is that the "respected" players on the forums come there just to troll and they know who they are which just shows

The simple thing to do is that if you don't like it don't join it

You are not forced to join

3 people like this

The problem isn't only discord drawing away players from the shoutbox. I'm sure the people who know what I mean know who they are too.

14 minutes ago, Russ said:

lol the people who are crying on this thread are the ones who don't use the voice chat

And Koen you always seem to be bitching yet you just keep coming there and spamming in the chat so you can win some items in game we've all seen you do it

The funniest thing is that the "respected" players on the forums come there just to troll and they know who they are which just shows

The simple thing to do is that if you don't like it don't join it

You are not forced to join

He asked people to answer the question, so far I'm the only one who actually did what he asked. I'm not crying I'm giving my opinion.

16 minutes ago, Russ said:

Also trolling isn't allowed or something?

11 minutes ago, Russ said:

Forums wasn't really active before discord, but after discord it got even more inactive, so "it is making forums inactive".

12 minutes ago, Russ said:

So?