• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Youtube
Jordy

Voting, forum feed fixed and extra protection added!

Jordy    248

Hello guys,

We've had an issue with voting for quite some time, most people could vote just fine but some couldn't get all the points that they do deserve!

As I explained in my other thread, this was because of IPv4 and IPv6, because I couldn't find a proper solution for this I added different ways of vote checking.

All websites are now being checked based on a incentive callback, what happens is whenever you vote on their website, they send a node to our server that says, hey user with number x has voted.

I've monitored the votes and I can see that everything is working fine, thanks to the users that sent me a private message with some private information so I could investigate the issue!!

@Valar can you please verify if everything works for you as well? I'm 99% sure it will!

Somehow the forum feed wasn't working for the developer blog anymore, looks like the forums were updated without telling me so there were some API changes on the forums.

This small issue has been resolved.

And I've added some extra security to the forums, ALL our staff members that have ANY permissions on the forums are now required to have google authenticator set up.

Google Authenticator is a second authentication method just like SMS verification etc, regular users can also set this up for themselfs in the settings.

We've added this extra security measurement just to be safe, don't worry, nothing happened that made me do this!

Sincerely,
Jordy

J A I Z    213

Very nice update Jordy, hopefully voting will continue to work with my phone too [hurr]. I'm sure lots of people will be delighted with their extra vote points. 

I presume the Google authenticator is for ingame staff aswel with permissions to reply on ban appeals etc. Does this activate when I try to post? I was previously kept signed in and wasn't promoted to set this up. Is it meant to prompt ? I'll set it up either way but just wanted to check 

Jordy    248
2 minutes ago, J A I Z said:

Very nice update Jordy, hopefully voting will continue to work with my phone too [hurr]. I'm sure lots of people will be delighted with their extra vote points. 

I presume the Google authenticator is for ingame staff aswel with permissions to reply on ban appeals etc. Does this activate when I try to post? I was previously kept signed in and wasn't promoted to set this up. Is it meant to prompt ? I'll set it up either way but just wanted to check 

Hello, yes it should prompt you to set one! It did for me as well, all ingame and forum staff members will be required to have this set.

Maybe try relogging, it should prompt you! If it doesn't sent me a PM please so we can try to figure out why it doesn't pop up ;)

Kyle    487

Thanks for the update, Jordy.
And do you know what's going on with giving thanks on posts? Because I can't seem to find the button for it around ever since. 
I know for a fact that you can give reactions now, but that's only for statuses. 

J A I Z    213
1 minute ago, Jordy said:

Hello, yes it should prompt you to set one! It did for me as well, all ingame and forum staff members will be required to have this set.

Maybe try relogging, it should prompt you! If it doesn't sent me a PM please so we can try to figure out why it doesn't pop up ;)

Thanks for the fast reply Jordy, it prompted me to set it up as soon as I went to an area that only staff has access to. 

Can't wait for in game 2 Step-Auth to come :D 

ANZ    133

Ty for these updates :D also what happened to the shoutbox? btw I can't seem to use it. It was very helpful for players to get help. 

Gramatik    29

Awesome fixes and updates, Jordy! Thanks a lot :)

Crudam    30

Thanks for keeping us updated and always coming through with great fixes and new things ^_^

Valar    562

Well I cant vote just yet i'll have to wait a couple more hours bit if you're sure it will then Im sure it will :) thanks a bunch! @Jordy