Notice:

This forum is deprecated.

We’ve decided to deprecate the community forum starting August 29, 2022. We will keep all existing accounts, threads and comments, but no new registrations will be accepted after that date. Our initial intention was for this forum to be a place where the community could communicate and interact about all things from Grinderscape. However, over the years, most of the posts have amounted to Discord such as general chat, bug reports or feature requests, much resembling a more professional and advanced way of communicating. This has led to the following decision that our main focus will be on Discord for all of the server updates, bugs, support line, and more which will make it more active and worth looking at. This means less hassle to check forums and Discord as now you know everything will be on Discord.

Let's Discuss: DROP RATES!

Maranami

Drop Rates: Need a tweaks or no?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel that the drop rates need a change?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you voted yes, what rates do you think they should be changed too from old design? (Now 30-40% better)

• Keep at 30-40%!
    • 5-10% Better
    • I want the old system back. MAKE ME GRIND! IT'S GRINDERSCAPE NOT LOOTSCAPE!

Alright, so I've seen a lot of talking about the drop rates change. Change: 

- MASSIVE WORK ON DROPS for all bosses, overall rates, and item quantities for boss drops:
* Whole formulas are redone, and this should make all the drop rates easier in general by at least 30-40% compared
to the old system. Enjoy great drops.

I wanted to make a forum post about this to talk about and figure out whether or not the community likes this change.30-40% Drop Increase makes it so all end game items are attained much easier.

A 30-40% drop increase makes end-game items (twisted bow, rapier, justicar armor, etc) to be priced lower. Normal items (whips, dragon items, etc) are also easier to obtain, making it easier for newer players to get what they need...faster. Item prices crash, gold isn't really worth as much anymore...so let's talk about those.

Disclaimer: These are my own personal opinions and thoughts on the drop rate change.

End Game Items Being Attained Easier

Now this might sound like a good thing, especially to newer players. You might think, oh nice, I can get the items faster and be at end game. But a lot of the reason to kill "end game" bosses (Vorkath, Hydra, Tarn, etc) is to their most coveted drops. If absolutely anyone can get it, then what point is there to kill the boss? You've got the drop. The drop really isn't worth much anymore since it's much easier to obtain, so you stop farming it. I personally watched 12 twisted bows enter the game yesterday (09/22/2020) from Mutant Tarn alone. That means at that rate, in 1 week - 84 twisted bows enter the game. We average about 140 players (roughly), and that means in 1 week over half of the of the active serverbase can have a tbow.

One big thing for me personally is the pet drops. The pet drops having increased rates as well make them just another drop and not the big reward. The reward that makes you want to farm a boss for hundreds of kills because it's all you have left to finish off it's drop log. Pets are no longer a huge "oh my god! i finally got it!" moment, and that's just disappointing :(

Normal Items Being Attained Easier

Now, this is where i agree the drop rate change is good. I think that having items such as abyssal whip, dragon gear (platebody, chain, platelegs, etc), etc gear being easier to get is absolutely great. Does it affect the price of them? Yeah. But it was already cheap as it was. This just makes it easier for newer players to gear and further themselves in the game! So they are able to work themselves closer to bossing and learning how to do the end game content. Overall, this piece of the change is great!

Item Price Crashes: What does it affect?

So from what I've seen so far in the last couple days since the update. Prices are going to crash. Nobody is buying end game items because nobody knows what the prices are going to sit at. This is causing a surplus of items to start to grow on people and the prices are going to absolutely PLUMMET into the ground so people can just sell these extra items. This can affect a few different things.

• Gold might have the possibly of not being worth much anymore.
    • What do you spend money on when you can spend a couple hours getting what you want?
    • What's the purpose of having gold in the first place?
      • Gambling?
      • Buying rares / stuff not easily obtainable through boss drops?
      • Having a nice looking cashstack in your bank?
  • RS3 / OSRS Gold Trading is likely to drop as well.
    • With people not needing to buy end game items cause they are easy to get / crazy cheap, the gold not being worth what it used too...it makes the desire to sell OSRS and RS3 gold for Grinderscape invisible. A lot of what I see (especially as a middle man), is people selling gold to do 1 of several things:
      • Gamble
      • Buy big / end game items (Justi sets, Max Range, Max Mage...etc)
      • Both of the things above.

Overall, the largest worry I have is the overall game economy is going to go to the crapper. Gold isn't going to be worth much. People aren't going to sell rs gold. Boss items should be worth something. They SHOULD be rare. They should be farmed for hours, days, weeks to get what you need. People should go on dry streaks to get that big ticket item. It's what makes doing bosses worth it. It's what keeps the economy stable.

So now, I'd like to hear from the community. What are your thoughts on it? Let me know what you think!

Yes it did need a little improvement, but not that drastic, a change that big would make it Pointless to even vote for the drop bonus. Just to add to the other impacts it will have (economy, osrs etc.)